1. At the start, each team’s “4 men” are on the “4 man line”.
2. The ball will be placed at center court.
3. At the whistle blow each team will compete for possession.
4. “4 men” play in all zones; bungees are their only restraint.
5. Students in the forward position may NOT compete in the Neutral Zone at any time in the game. This is considered an off-sides foul and will cost the team its possession.
6. Forwards may ONLY enter the goalie area to compete for possession of the ball; off-sides will be called by the referee otherwise. Once goalie has possession they must retreat.
6. Goalie’s may not use their hands outside of the goalie box, if they do so the referee call a side out for the opposing team’s forwards.
7. Yellow cards will be given as a caution (for over-aggressiveness), two yellow cards equal a red card which results in expulsion from the game. Red cards are given at any point at Referee’s discretion.
8. Substitutes take place during time outs. Referees grant them with a whistle blow. Each team gets one time out per half (we play two 15 minute halves).
9. All nets and side walls are inbounds. Play is continuous unless a goal is scored in which case we resume play in the “Neutral Zone”.
10. A player will have 5 seconds to make a pass or shot with the ball. Should a player keep possession of the ball for longer than five seconds, the referee will call a side out and possession of the ball will be turned over. This will stop any player (goalie, forward etc.) from stalling for the sake of killing time on the referee's clock.
See diagram below: